Saturday, December 24, 2011

Mets ornament of the day: Some of the best aren't found in a store



Mets ornaments are special for different reasons.

Some are hard to find. Some are linked to specific events. Some pay tribute to individual players.

And others are special because of the person who made them.

The baseball room Christmas tree is, of course, a great source of pride and family discussion. My daughter Caroline usually helps me set it up and decorate it.

Caroline also is pretty creative, crafting all kinds of things out of duct tape, paper and anything else she gets her hands on. She's very good.

Years ago, when she was just starting down the crafting road, she surprised me by making an ornament for the Mets tree. Ice cream sticks in majestic royal blue and magnificent orange, gingerly glued to resemble the coolest Mets snowflake. Or maybe a star.

I'm not entirely sure. But it always will be special, hanging in a place of honor in the front of the tree.

I'm in Illinois celebrating with family this year. Wishing you and your family a very merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Mets Guy in Michigan said...

And to you, too, my friend!