Monday, July 21, 2008

Shamed no more

After 17 years and 11 games, the Mets won with me in the stands. What an afternoon! I'm numb, and that was before the 6.5-hour drive back to Michigan.

I'll have a full report of a weekend with the Mets, Reds and baseball buddies tomorrow. Meanwhile, take a look at the scoreboard. I haven't seen that result since I was 27.

Thank you to everyone who called, e-mailed and texted kind words all the way home. Greg called moments after Billy Wagner struck out jay Bruce and caught me giddy, weepy and probably incoherent.

It was just a baseball game, and yet, it was ... everything!

5 comments:

Mike McMillin said...

Dave
Congrats on the victory Dave and breaking the streak. Kathy and I were at the "Last Play at Shea" on Friday. It was the best concert I have ever been to!! Check it out:

http://onthe1road.blogspot.com/

Mike

Anonymous said...

Dave,
I knew it would just take persistence (and the brick ;) ).

TW GB

Anonymous said...

Dave,

The streak is dead! Long Live the Streak!

Mets Girl in NY

Anonymous said...

Whoopdee-freakin-doopdee! MY 17-year Mets-loss streak continues apace.

Mets Guy in Michigan said...

Sorry man, That's what you get for going to games with me!