Sunday, February 08, 2009

Baseball Place No. 2: The Field of Dreams



Josh Pahigian directs us to Dyersville, Iowa for the No. 2 spot in his list of 101 Baseball Places to See Before You Strike Out.

That's bound to be a controversial selection, since only pretend baseball was played there.

But I'm with him. The spot where "Field of Dreams" was filmed is certainly magical.



My mother-in-law, proving once again how much she spoils me, included the Dreams site on our 2007 tour of the places in Iowa where she grew up.

That adventure is recounted here. It's one of my favorite stories. Here's some different photos, too!

Jeff, Kristen and Zack played where Shoeless Joe once batted.

My daughter is my baseball buddy.

There are two stores at the site, and we naturally hit both!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Our daughter is my baseball buddy as well. It's a wonderful thing.

Ok. You've made us want to visit the Field of Dreams.